1. The users compete between themselves, not with VOON. VOON only provides environment for the competition.
Users under the age of 21 are not permitted to enroll in any tournaments at VOON unless no enrollment fee is required or no prize is guaranteed in the tournament regulations based on the user’s performance.
2. For every registered user, a wallet is created at VOON so that they were able to use internal currency (Woonz). Woonz have nothing to do with any existing currency, it is only a means of payment for additional services, and the amount of Woonz in the user's wallet makes the user's rating at VOON. You can replenish your wallet either by winning prizes or bonuses in various competitions held at VOON, or by converting any amount in your country's currency to Woonz following the procedure specified for your country.
3. All users can create and manage their own Champ, including unlimited number of leagues (round-robins and cup contests), based on the number of potential participants. The Champ managers shall receive bonuses for organizing and managing their Champ, and they will have an option to offer a prize or bonus for the winning participants. The amount of bonus depends on the total number of bets submitted by participants. Hereinafter, users who run their own Champ shall be referred to as Managers.
4. All users receive a daily bonus for logging on at VOON.
5. Every user can choose any club, which is available, i.e. not managed by another user. The weekly rent is specified next to the club name, and the more popular brand you select, the higher its weekly rent shall be.
Users who are unable to pay the weekly rent abandon the club automatically.
Note: The minimum weekly rent is lower than the amount of the weekly bonus you can get for visiting VOON every day.
Users must NOT register more than one account in order to manage multiple clubs!
6. A game is a match involving two contenders trying to predict the winner of 8 real life sport events. The contender succeeding in more predictions wins the game.
7. The number of power bets for domestic and visiting teams is specified by the Champ manager. Unless bying up is disallowed by the Champ manager, contenders can use Woonz to buy more power bets in any game in addition to the default number. Champ Managers can disallow buying up, only by using a paid site service, at their own expense.
Buying up is the default right of all VOON users, and Champ Managers shall not restrict buying up otherwise than by disabling this option in the system. That said, Champ Managers shall not force the users to refrain from buying up on penalty of exempting them from the tournament, or subtracting points from their tally, or posing other types of threats!
8. A power bet is a double bet implying an OR condition like home/tie, home/away, or tie/away. The player succeeds if the result meets any of the two conditions selected by the player.
9. Whether the real life event has taken place, and whether the result is valid, is to the sole discretion of the Champ Manager. Unless the Champ regulations stipulate otherwise, the result of the real life event is a Full Time result, i.e. Extra Time shall not be considered.
10. If the sport event did not take place, it is assumed that both contenders failed to predict the result no matter what were the bets, and whether the power bets were used.
11. Contender wins a bet and scores a goal if he or she makes a successful prediction where his/her opponent fails to do so. If both contenders' predictions are equally accurate, there is no goal scored.
12. The contender scoring more goals wins the game. If both contenders score equal number of goals, there is a tie.
13. If both players miss the deadline for betting, a 0-0 tie is added to their records. If one of the players fails to provide his bets, a) in cup contests, all goals scored by his opponent count; b) in round-robin, a victory by 2 goals will be added to the player's tally, if 2 or more successful predictions were made. With only one successful prediction the player betting against the missing opponent is still winning a game with 1 to 0 score, while the 0-0 tie will be added to his or her records if no successful predictions are made.
14. In round-robins, the winners get 3 points, a tie brings 1 point to every contender, and the losers do not gain any points.
15. In play-offs, the Champ Manager has the right to set up criteria to identify the winner if a series ends up in a tie. However, it is highly recommended to apply a standard rule. VOON admins recommend that UEFA Cup rules are applied by default.
Warning! If you are managing a Cup contest that includes play-off series of multiple games, make sure to disable the default winner appointing service described below.
If you are managing a Cup contest that includes a one-off game in each round, it is up to you whether to use or disable the service descriped below, or appoint the winner at your own discretion.
Description. Winner Appointing Tool (Cups only).
In case play-off series end up with a tie, you will need to identify or select a winner who will qualify for the next round. The Winner Appointing Service automatically creates an Extra Time and adds a goal to the players' tally for every successful single bet matching against every successful power bet in their rival's choices. All goals scored with a single bet winning against a power bet count for 2 goals in aggregated score.
If the ET ends up with a tie, the virtual penalty shoot-out is calculated:
- visitors win the shoot-out in case of the odd number of home side winners in real life events;
- home team wins the shoot-out in case of zero or even number of home side winners of real life events.
For extended play-off series, it is highly advisable that you calculate single bet vs. power bet balance throughout the whole series. In case of equilibrium, the number of real life home winners in the entire series shall be used to appoint the winner. In case the number of home winners (IRL) is even, the player who started off with a domestic game wins the series. In case the number of home winners (IRL) is odd, the player who started off as a visitor wins the series.
16. In round-robins, the final team standings shall be based on the following criteria:
- higher number of points;
- higher number of wins;
- superior goal difference;
- higher number of goals scored;
- lower enrollment number (visible at creation).
unless other criteria are specified by the Champ Manager. The Champ Manager may use other criteria, provided that the participants are duly informed. If the qualifying criteria to be used are not included in the default Service, the participants should be informed in good time before the Champ kicks-off.
17. Champ Managers should exercise care when managing odd-numbered round-robins. It is highly advisable that home and visiting teams were offered the equal number of power bets to avoid handicaps for some players.
18. Bonuses that are allocated for the winning teams in every Champ depend on how popular the Champ is. The higher is the total historical number of bets, the higher shall be the bonuses.
19. The Champ Managers can pick a team of his/her Champ, invite selected participants, include or remove them from the starting list, organize stand-alone challenges between his picked team and other picked teams, or run tournaments on the "national" level. Performance bonuses for the members of the picked team are allocated by the Manager, either in his own funds, or in the funds won by the picked team itself.
20. The Champ manager who becomes unable to manage the Champ may share his or her login and password with any trusted user. When the defaulting Manager resumes administration, he or she may change the password in his Account at any time.
21. All disputes that cannot be resolved based on the Regulations shall be resolved by the Champ Managers. It is the sole responsibility of Champ Managers to enroll new participants, exempt players from their Champs, and substitute the players, provided that the rights of the users guaranteed herein are not violated. VOON admins would appreciate your being polite with all site users. Make sure your Regulations do not violate or conflict with the general Rules adopted at VOON. Update your standings in timely manner.
22. In the event of abusing behavior on the message board, including direct offense of any admin or showing disrespect to the community in general, a user may be banned from all VOON Champs. The Admins shall notify all relevant Champ Managers of any such ban being enforced. Likewise, any user publishing unreasonable and unjustified criticism over VOON at any other public web-site, or in mass-media, might be banned at VOON.
23. Violating the Rules marked in red print may result in blocking your account, temporarily or permanently.
24. If VOON is accessed from your workstation, corporate or private network by multiple users (siblings, colleagues, roommates, friends, etc.), please, inform site admins (firstname.lastname@example.org) in good time, to avoid investigations of suspected fraudulent behavior. VOON team logs and analyzes activities to identify and exempt users violating the Rules and Fair Play principles.
25. All data specified in the user's profiles is not displayed in public pages, and is treated confidentially. It shall not be disclosed or used by the site admins without the user's consent.